National award to recognize organizations for safety in the workplace and beyond
October 29, 2014 by STAFF REPORT
Workplace Safety & Prevention Services (WSPS) and Canada’s Safest Employers are launching a national award to recognize organizations that exceed traditional health and safety practices and have an impact on the broader community beyond their workplaces. While more details on the award are expected in the new year, criteria will be centred on the following criteria:
- Trust and openness within the organization among its managers and employees
- Commitment to engaging employees in decision-making
- Active involvement of upper management and boards of directors in governing organizational health
- The degree to which safety is promoted
- Evidence based decision-making using leading indicators of safety
- Performance objectives tied to the health and safety of the organization
“The organizational health + safety culture award shines a light on deserving organizations across Canada that have made outstanding contributions to building health and safety cultures and inspiring transformative behaviours within their networks and areas of influence,” said Elizabeth Mills, WSPS president and CEO.
The award is a key deliverable of the CEO Health + Safety Leadership Network, which was founded last year by WSPS in tandem with The Conference Board of Canada and Bruce Power.
Print this page