3 construction teams shortlisted for Seneca College expansion
October 27, 2014 by STAFF REPORT
Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and Seneca College have shortlisted three teams – each consisting of a designer, builder and financial advisor – for the Seneca College King Campus phase one expansion project.
The following construction teams will be invited to respond to a request for proposals in late 2014.
- Developer: EllisDon Corp.
- Design: MacLennan Jaunkalns Miller Architects / Montgomery Sisam Architects
- Construction: EllisDon Corp.
- Financial Advisor: EllisDon Capital Inc.
PCL Constructors Canada Inc.
- Developer: PCL Constructors Canada Inc.
- Design: NORR
- Construction: PCL Constructors Canada Inc.
- Financial Advisor: TD Securities
E2P Educational & Environmental Partnership
- Developer: E2P Educational & Environmental Partnership
- Design: IBI and Teeple Architects Inc.
- Construction: Bird Construction and Plan Group
- Financial Advisor: Stonebridge
Just north of Toronto, the Seneca College King Campus is home to about 3,500 full-time students. Phase one of the expansion will create space for an additional 1,450 students and includes:
- A new academic facility to accommodate about 25 new classrooms, computer labs, specialty labs for training health-care practitioners, a library, learning commons, and student study space.
- A new student centre, which will include a multi-purpose athletic and recreation space featuring a gymnasium, fitness centre, informal study areas and event spaces, partially funded by the Seneca Student Federation and the Student Athletic Association.
- Minor renovation to Garriock Hall (the main academic facility) and to existing site services.