Plenary PCL Justice selected for B.C. law court project
Plenary PCL Justice has been selected as the preferred proponent for the $150 million Abbotsford, B.C. law courts project – the province’s first new courthouse in 20 years.
Plenary PCL Justice includes:
- Plenary Group (Canada) (project co lead and equity provider)
- PCL Investment Canada (equity provider)
- PCL Constructors Westcoast (design-builder)
- WZMH Architects (architect)
- Smith + Andersen (IMIT consultant)
- Johnson Controls Canada LP (service provider)
“Plenary is excited about the opportunity to work with the Ministry of Citizens’ Services and the Ministry of the Attorney General, alongside our partners PCL and Johnson Controls, to help improve access to judicial services in Abbotsford – one of B.C.’s fastest-growing regions,” said Brian Budden, president and CEO of Plenary.
The 14-room law court facility will include Provincial and Supreme courts and space for all necessary justice partners. The project is estimated to provide opportunities for over 1,000 local workers and will also provide opportunities for registered apprentices to be on site, according to the province.
Construction is expected to begin in summer 2018 with project completion anticipated in 2021.
SOURCE: PLENARY GROUP