June 22, 2018 by The Canadian Press
OSHAWA, Ont.—The Ministry of Labour says a worker who was critically injured last week at a construction site in Oshawa, Ont., has died in hospital.
Ministry spokeswoman Janet Deline says the worker was struck by a bucket that was attached to a crane.
It took an Oshawa Fire Services technical rescue team about two hours to free the man, who was rushed to hospital by air ambulance.
Deline says a ministry inspector and engineer have visited the work site and the contractor has been ordered not to disturb the scene.
As of June 21, she said the investigation was ongoing.