Request for proposals issued for Cooksville Station project
January 23, 2017 by Infrastructure Ontario
Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and Metrolinx have issued a Request for Proposals to two prequalified teams to design, build and finance the Cooksville Station project. This station, located along the Milton Corridor in the City of Mississauga, requires upgrades to accommodate Metrolinx’ plan to provide more service on the GO rail network.
Teams were selected based on criteria identified in the Request for Qualifications (RFQ) process that began in September 2016. Selection criteria included applicable design and construction experience, and capacity to finance a project of this size and complexity.
The prequalified teams are:
EllisDon Infrastructure Transit
- Developer: EllisDon
- Constructor: EllisDon Build Design Inc.
- Design: WalterFedy, Brodie & Associates, WSP/MMM
- Financial Advisor: EllisDon Capital
Kenaidan Obayashi Transit Partner
- Developer: Kenaidan, Obayashi Corporation
- Constructor: Kenaidan Contracting Ltd., Obayashi Canada Ltd.
- Design: IBI Group, RJC, Smith and Anderson
- Financial Advisor: Rocklynn Capital
Teams have been invited to respond to the RFP and will begin preparing proposals that detail how they will design, build and finance the project. Once submissions are received, IO and Metrolinx will evaluate the proposals, select a preferred bidder and then negotiate a final contract. A successful bidder is expected to be announced in fall 2017. A fairness monitor will oversee the entire procurement process.
A copy of the RFP is available at www.infrastructureontario.ca
The scope of work for the Cooksville project includes:
- A new station building with a large public plaza
- Upgrades to existing rail platform access tunnels
- New six-storey parking structure and redevelopment of parking areas
- Bus loop with a minimum of eight bus bays for GO and MiWay bus service
This work on the Milton corridor is part of a larger, system-wide plan to improve overall GO Transit service, including the delivery of GO Regional Express Rail (RER) by 2024-25. To support transit improvements, Metrolinx will be undertaking major infrastructure upgrades, including additional track, GO station modifications, improved rail crossings, required systems for electrification, and new locomotives and train control systems to enable more frequent service.
“The Cooksville Station project is critical to the expansion of rail services under Metrolinx’s Regional Express Rail. Our government recognizes the importance of these types of transit improvements because they keep people and goods moving, keep communities growing, and help build Ontario up.”
Bob Chiarelli, Minister of Infrastructure.
SOURCE: Infrastructure Ontario
Print this page