On-Site’s 2020 Canadian Construction Photo Contest: Enter today!
Don’t miss out on the chance to showcase your photography prowess — whether it’s an aerial shot of your sprawling work site that shines a spotlight on a big-budget project, a close-up of a grizzled colleague donning a face mask in a sign of the times, or a resplendent iPhone photo of your team in the midst of the perfect concrete pour.
The winning shots will be featured in On-Site, both in print and online — meaning our nationwide readership will get a glimpse into this year’s top projects through the lens of your team.
See below for guidelines and tips to enter:
- Keep photos below 20MB as email attachments. Please use file hosting services such as Dropbox or WeTransfer for larger images
- Make sure to include the name of the photographer and your company, so we can give credit where it’s due
- Give us the details! The more the better. We want to know the job site location, as well as when the photo was taken. Any additional information about the project, such as the size of the crew, the scope and budget of the job, and at what stage of the project the shot was taken will help us put the photo into context
- This contest is designed to highlight this year in Canadian construction so please limit your submissions to photos taken in 2020 and on, above, or below Canadian soil
- Only enter photos that you own, or have the express permission of the photographer to use
- The submitter must be willing to grant On-Site non-exclusive rights to reproduce the photos in print and online
- We ask individuals to limit their submissions to a maximum of three photos, and those submitting on behalf of companies to limit their submissions to a maximum of eight photos
The deadline for submissions is January 13.
The On-Site team will select the winning pictures based on the following criteria: composition, originality and intent, quality, lighting and colour. We encourage entrants to look back to our winner and finalists from 2019, as well as the winner and finalists from 2018, for a clearer grasp of what we are looking for.
Most importantly, we want to see the construction industry from your point of view. Whether it’s a sunrise from the cab of your excavator, a bird’s-eye view of a billion-dollar project, or a once-in-a-lifetime shot from a unique or remote job site, amateurs and professionals alike are encouraged to participate (and win)!
Please direct submissions, or any questions about the selection process to On-Site’s editor, David Kennedy. Submissions will be accepted until Jan. 13, 2021.