CCOHS Forum 2023: The Changing World of Work
September 26 - September 27, 2023
1181 Hollis Street
Halifax, Nova Scotia
This year’s Forum 2023: The Changing World of Work, presented by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS), will highlight a diverse lineup of health and safety innovations and tools. The event, which is scheduled for September 26 and 27 in Halifax, N.S., is an intimate event with opportunities to connect with others who share a passion for creating safe, healthy, and inclusive workplaces. Over the span of two days, attendees will experience more than 10 presentations, and have access to an Innovation Showcase featuring seven programs:
- OHS Vulnerability Measure, by the Institute for Work and Health (IWH), measures the extent to which a worker may be vulnerable to occupational health and safety risks at work.
- Psychologically Safe Team and Psychologically Safe Leader assessment tools, by Workplace Strategies for Mental Health, compliments of Canada Life, help workplaces strengthen the psychological health and safety of their teams and leadership strategies.
- Health and Safety Training for Indigenous Communities, by Ulnooweg Development Group, shares examples of relevant health and safety training topics for Indigenous communities and approaches for hazard and risk management and interventions.
- The SUCCEED program, from WorkSafeNB, provides immediate care and support to workers with a traumatic psychological injury.
- The Nova Safe App, from the Government of Nova Scotia, provides employers, supervisors and workers with access to safety information and regulatory requirements on any device.
- International Migrant Worker Health and Safety Supports, from C.A.R.E. for International Workers Program, assists temporary foreign workers (international guest workers) in understanding and exercising their rights, and supports their overall health and wellness.
- Silica Control Tool, Pilot Program for Construction Industry, is a web-based occupational disease prevention tool co-developed by the Occupational Health Clinics for Ontario Workers (OHCOW).
For more information about Forum 2023: The Changing World of Work, visit the event website at www.ccohs.ca/forum.
Visit event's website
Print this page