B.C. Road Builders & Heavy Construction name new Board
January 8, 2015 by STAFF REPORT
The B.C. Road Builders and Heavy Construction Association has elected its Board of Directors for 2015 including new Chair, John Ryan of the Nechako Group of Companies.
“It is exciting to serve on the board of directors of the B.C. Road Builders. I have been involved with this industry for over 45 years and am looking forward to working with this year’s board to continue advocating for a balanced, safe transportation system that sustains and promotes provincial economic growth and safety for all British Columbians,” said Ryan.
Ryan is president of the Nechako Group of Companies which includes Nechako Northcoast Construction, Billabong Road and Bridge Maintenance, Dunoon Contracting and Kasiks Wilderness Lodge.
The 2015 board includes:
- Chair – John Ryan, Nechako Group of Companies
- Past Chair – Stan Weismiller, Winvan Paving
- Vice Chair/CCA Rep. – Chad Tenney, Hall Constructors
- Secretary/Treasurer – Scott Griffin, Renaissance Group Chartered Accountants
- Construction Chair – Ross Gilmour, Peter Kiewit Infrastructure
- Construction Director – William Hoban, Hoban Construction
- Construction Director – Glen Barker, Imperial Paving
- Paving Director – Todd Strynadka, Terus Construction
- Maintenance Chair – Real Charrois, Mainroad Group
- Maintenance Director/WCR&HCA Rep. – Kevin Higgins, YRB Group of Companies
- Maintenance Director – Sandi Paulson, Argo Group of Companies
- Service & Supply Chair – Jason Sherwood, Atlantic Industries
- HR, Training & Career Development Rep. – Steve Drummond, Capilano Highway Services
- Construction Safety Rep. – Joe Wrobel, JPW Road & Bridge
The 2015 board of directors was named at the B.C. Road Builders’ Annual General Meeting held in Victoria.
B.C. Road Builders and Heavy Construction Association was formed in 1966 and advocates for the development of a balanced, safe transportation system and highways infrastructure that sustains and promotes provincial economic growth. The association represents more than 250 firms involved in grading, asphalt and concrete manufacturing, paving, utility construction, road and bridge building/maintenance, blasting, as well as related goods and services suppliers.
Print this page