Two-day equipment auction sets Alberta record
By On-Site MagazineEquipment Trucks auction compact equipment Grand Prairie heavy equipment Ritchie Bros
Ritchie Bros. sold more than 2,500 pieces of equipment and trucks for over 250 sellers, bringing in over $62 million during this week’s two-day auction in Grande Prairie, Alberta.
The auction’s line-up of equipment and trucks, including 70 excavators, 65 dozers, 270 trailers, 70 truck tractors, attracted bidders from 39 countries as more than 7,000 people were on hand for the event.
“I’d like to thank all of our customers for choosing to buy and sell at this auction,” said Simon Wallan, Vice President, Ritchie Bros.
“We normally hold our first Grande Prairie auction of the year in April, but added this auction to the Peace Region calendar to meet the needs of two customers—Pinnacle Services and Continental Pipelines and Facilities—looking to do complete dispersals.
“This new date created a tremendous opportunity for others to take part in this truly exciting event. Record bidder attendance proved the strength of our global marketing and helped us achieve solid pricing on the large selection of late-model, low-hour equipment and trucks in the auction.”
Out-of-province buyers purchased CA$32+ million (US$24+ million) of equipment (52 percent), including CA$7+ million (US$5+ million) sold to out-of-country buyers (12 percent).
Bidders participated in the auction in person, online in real time at rbauction.com, and by proxy. Online buyers purchased 55 percent (CA$34+ million or US$25+ million) of the equipment in the auction. All items were sold without minimum bids or reserve prices.
Specific equipment sales highlights:
- 10 Komatsu PC490LC-10 hydraulic excavators sold for a combined CA$2.5+ million
- Two 2012 Caterpillar 730 articulated dump trucks sold for a combined CA$430,000
- A 2009 Caterpillar D8T dozer sold for CA$335,000
- Two 2015 Kenworth T800 T/A sleeper winch tractors sold for a combined CA$320,000
- Two 2014 Kenworth T800 sleeper truck tractors sold for a combined CA$233,000
- A 2010 Volvo L150G wheel loader sold for CA$175,000
- A 2009 Kenworth T800 Texas Bed tri-drive sleeper winch tractor sold for CA$135,000
Auction quick facts: Grande Prairie, AB (March 14-15, 2016)
- Gross auction proceeds – CA$62+ million (US$46+ million) (new site record)
- Amount sold to online bidders – CA$34+ million (US$25+ million) (new site record)
- Total registered bidders (onsite and online) – 7,150+ bidders from 39 countries (new site record)
- Online registered bidders – 4,500+ (62 percent) (new site record)
- Number of lots sold – 2,500+
- Number of sellers – 250+