CanBIM announces 2021 award nominees
By Rob BlackstienEquipment Technology Software
Innovation Spotlight Awards honour the best in digital tools and technology deployments.
Earlier this month, CanBIM announced the nominees for the 2021 Innovation Spotlight Awards, which honour Canadian companies making the best use of technology and innovation in the building industry.
The awards recognize leaders in several categories, including construction management, which is “given to a CanBIM Member General Contractor, Engineering/Procurement/Contractor, Design Build, and/or Construction Manager who demonstrates leadership and innovation through working with or implementing digital technologies and processes that improve productivity in the management of a construction project.”
This year’s nominees include:
- Etro Construction: nominated for the Etro Milestone Tracker (EMT), a custom-built tool that provides progress updates of key project milestones;
- Aecon: nominated for the Gardiner Expressway rehabilitation project in which the company employed the IDD software (scan to BIM) application through the entire project;
- Magil Construction: nominated for the construction, redevelopment and expansion of the Montreal Heart Institute in which the company used a BIM and Integrated Design Process (IDP) approach;
- Pomerleau: nominated for the New Enfant-Jesus Hospital Complex, in which the company employed technology to improve the design and construction communication process;
- EllisDon: nominated for the Royal Columbian Hospital, which required BIM to be applied through the entire process, from demolition to design, to construction and operations management; and
- Pomerleau: which earned its second nomination for the West Side Terminal modernization project, part of a seven-year plan to modernize the Saint John port’s infrastructure and significantly expand shipping and marine activities at the site.
Awards will be presented on October 27.