Contract awarded for Lakeshore West Infrastructure Improvements project
By Adam FreillConstruction Infrastructure
EllisDon to provide upgrades and improvements along rail corridor west of Toronto.
Infrastructure Ontario and Metrolinx have awarded a fixed-price contract of $443 million to EllisDon Infrastructure Transit (EDIT) to design, build and finance the GO Expansion – Lakeshore West Infrastructure Improvements project.
Included in the project are improvements and accessibility additions to the Long Branch GO Station, improvements to an underpass and the replacement of a pedestrian bridge in Burlington, as well as enabling works for electrification.
The project is being delivered through Infrastructure Ontario’s Public-Private Partnership (P3) model, which transfers appropriate risks associated with design, construction and financing of the project to the private sector.
The EllisDon Infrastructure Transit team includes:
- Proponent Lead: EllisDon Capital Inc.
- Design Team:
- Civil: Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, a Division of Wood Canada Limited and Stantec Consulting Ltd.
- Architectural: Stantec, Strasman Architects
- Electrical: Mulvey + Banani International Inc.
- Mechanical: The Aquila Group
- Structural: Stephenson Engineering Ltd.
- Signals: Stantec
- Geotechnical: Thurber Engineering Ltd.
- Track: Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Stantec
- Environmental: Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions
- Construction Team: EllisDon Civil Ltd.
- Financial Advisor: EllisDon Capital Inc.
On-site mobilization and pre-construction work will begin in spring 2022 with construction to begin in the fall. EDIT estimates up to 200 jobs will be created during construction.