Wanted: Your best Canadian jobsite photos
By Adam FreillConstruction
Captured a cool jobsite image this year? Why not share it with the world via On-Site’s Canadian Construction Photo Contest?
On-Site’s 2022 Canadian Construction Photo Contest is now underway. As we enter the fifth edition of this annual showcase of construction, we are looking for your top shots taken on or of Canadian jobsites in 2022.
Hosted by On-Site magazine and sponsored by Timescapes, the competition is a chance to put a spotlight your photography prowess as well as the fantastic work that you and your teams (our readers) are doing right across Canada.
Open to amateur and professional photographers alike, we want to see your aerial shots of work sites, close-ups of colleagues donning PPE, heavy equipment in the early light of dawn or driving into the sunset, or any other cool images showcasing the work that you and your teams have tackled this year. If you can envision it, and then capture it as a high-resolution image, we want to see it. You are only limited by your imagination (and a few tiny house rules).
The winning pictures will be featured in On-Site, both in print and online — meaning our nationwide readership will get a glimpse into this year’s top projects through the lens of your team.
Submissions for this year’s photo contest will close on January 13, 2023 and be announced in the February issue of On-Site.
See below for guidelines and tips to enter:
- Keep photos below 20MB as email attachments. Please use file hosting services such as Dropbox or WeTransfer for larger images;
- Make sure to include the name of the photographer and your company, so we can give credit where it’s due;
- Give us the details! The more the better. We want to know the location, as well as when the photo was taken. Any additional information about the project, such as the size of the crew, the scope and budget of the job, and at what stage of the project the shot was taken will help us put the photo into context;
- The contest is designed to highlight this year in Canadian construction so please limit your submissions to photos taken in 2022 (January 1 – December 31, 2022) on, above, or below Canadian soil;
- Only enter photos that you own, or have the express permission of the photographer to use;
- The submitter must be willing to grant On-Site non-exclusive rights to reproduce the photos in print and online; and
- We ask individuals to limit their submissions to a maximum of three photos, and those submitting on behalf of companies to limit their submissions to a maximum of eight photos.
The On-Site team will select the winning pictures based on the following criteria: composition, originality and intent, quality, lighting and colour. We encourage entrants to look back to our finalists in 2021, 2020, 2019 and 2018 for a clearer idea of what we are looking for.
Most importantly, we want to see the construction industry from your point of view. Whether it’s a sunrise from the cab of your excavator, a bird’s-eye view of a billion-dollar project, or a once-in-a-lifetime shot from a unique or remote jobsite, amateurs and professionals alike are encouraged to participate… and perhaps win!
Please direct any questions to On-Site’s editor, Adam Freill.
Submit your photos