Teams Shortlisted for CHEO 1Door4Care
By Adam FreillConstruction Institutional LEED
Request for proposals expected to be issued to shortlisted teams in fall 2022 for CHEO Integrated Treatment Centre project.
Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and CHEO, a pediatric healthcare and research centre in Ottawa, have announced the shortlist of three teams in the running to design, build and finance the 1Door4Care: CHEO Integrated Treatment Centre.
Aimed at providing timely service and integrated care for children, youth and their families, the new multi-storey building will reduce the need for families to travel to multiple facilities to gain access to critical treatment and rehabilitation services such as occupational therapy, physiotherapy, speech and language pathology, and autism services.
The centre, which is anticipated to be certified LEED Silver, will merge seven care locations currently leased and spread across Ottawa, into a purpose-built site on CHEO’s main Smyth Road campus.
Teams were shortlisted based on criteria identified in a request for qualifications process that began in March 2022. Selection criteria included design and construction capability, experience, qualified personnel and financial capacity to undertake a project of this size and scope.
The shortlisted teams and their prime team members are:
ELLISDON INFRASTRUCTURE HEALTHCARE
- Applicant Lead: EllisDon Corporation
- Design Team: Montgomery Sisam Architects Inc., Vertechs Design Inc., WalterFedy, Mulvey & Banani International Inc., H. H. Angus and Associates Limited, Entuitive Corporation
- Construction Team: EllisDon Corporation
- Financial Advisor: EllisDon Capital Inc.
- Applicant Lead: PCL Constructions Canada Inc.
- Design Team: PCL Constructors Canada Inc., Parkin Architects Limited, WSP Canada Inc., Cleland Jardine Engineering Ltd., Morrison Hershfield Ltd., CSW Landscape Architects Ltd., Victor Ford & Associates Inc.
- Construction Team: PCL Constructions Canada Inc.
- Financial Advisor: PCL Investments
- Applicant Lead: Pomerleau Inc. with Pomerleau Capital
- Design Team: Pomerleau Inc. with Pomerleau Capital, Jodoin Lamarre Pratte Architects (JLP) + Neuf Architects (Neuf), Quinn Design Associates (Quinn), Quasar Consulting Group Inc. (Quasar) + Pratu, Stephenson Engineering Limited (Stephenson), GHD Limited (GHD), Smith and Anderson, Kiwi Newton Group (Kiwi Newton)
- Construction Team: Pomerleau Inc. with Pomerleau Capital
- Financial Advisor: Pomerleau Inc. with Pomerleau Capital
A request for proposals (RFP) is expected to be issued to these shortlisted teams in fall 2022. Once submissions are received, IO and CHEO will evaluate the proposals, select a preferred team and then negotiate a final contract.