Surety Association of Canada names 2021-22 officials
Industry association names Board chair and vice-chair.
The Surety Association of Canada (SAC) Board of Directors met earlier this month to elect officials for the upcoming fiscal year. Mark Skanes, vice-president at Western Surety Company will serve as 2021-22 chair; Tom Krech, AVP, Surety at Chubb Insurance Company of Canada, takes on the vice-chair’s role; and Scott Beitel, chief operating officer at Platform is the Board’s past-chair.
“We are grateful for the support and dedication of our association’s Board of Directors,” stated Steven Ness, president of the Surety Association of Canada. “We would like to express our profound appreciation to departing directors Matt Baynton, Ron Ferrero and Kevin Thompson, and welcome new directors, Iqbal Bhinder of United Surety, Chris Fiore of The Hartford, Richard Grant of Trisura Guarantee Insurance, and Brandon Notaro of Partner Re. We look forward to their involvement.”
The full SAC Board of Directors includes:
- Scott Beitel, chief operating officer, Platform (past-chair);
- Iqbal Bhinder, president, United Surety;
- Rob Burns, senior vice-president, Travelers Insurance Company of Canada;
- Robert Cristiano, vice-president, Everest Re Group Ltd.;
- Chris Fiore, head of surety, Canada, The Hartford;
- Nicolas Gagnon, partner, Lavery, de Billy;
- Richard A. Grant, senior vice-president, surety, Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company;
- Steven Hastings, vice-president, surety, Liberty Mutual Canada;
- Steve Hogan, senior vice-president, Ontario surety manager, Aon Canada;
- Tom Krech, AVP, surety, Chubb Insurance Company of Canada (Board vice-chair);
- Raymond Llamas, AVP, underwriting director, CNA Surety;
- Brent McAllister, director of national accounts, Zurich Insurance Company;
- Darryll McDonald, vice-president, surety, Echelon Insurance;
- Paul McIntyre, vice-president, surety, Euler Hermes North America Insurance Company;
- Terry Michalakos, vice-president, surety, Aviva Insurance Company of Canada;
- Brandon Notaro, vice-president, surety underwriting, partner Re;
- Sarina Puccio, team leader for credit, surety and political risk, Munich Reinsurance Company of Canada, Ltd.;
- Rick Shaban, partner, Borden Ladner Gervais, LLP;
- Mark Skanes, vice-president, Western Surety Company (Board chair); and
- David Smith, national vice-president – Surety Leader, Intact Insurance.
Plans are in currently progress for SAC’s 31st Annual General Meeting, which will be held in September 2022 at the Westin Harbour Castle in Toronto.