6 companies invited to bid on Hawkesbury & District General Hospital redevelopment
November 27, 2013 by STAFF REPORT
Infrastructure Ontario and Hawkesbury & District General Hospital have released a request for proposals for the hospital’s expansion and redevelopment project to six pre-qualified companies.
The request for qualifications was issued in May 2013 and the following companies have been shortlisted to bid:
- Bondfield Construction
- EllisDon Corp.
- Healthcare Redevelopment Partners (OHL+Elite Construction)
- M. Sullivan & Son Ltd.
- PCL Constructors Canada Inc.
- Pomerleau Inc.
The project includes a combination of renovations and new construction at the hospital.
Newly built features will include:
- A consolidated ambulatory care centre with specialty clinics, hemodialysis, cardiology services and medical day care
- An expanded complex continuing care unit
- A new perioperative department
- Expansion of emergency services
- Additional acute care inpatient beds
Major renovations to the existing hospital include:
- A new mental health in-patient unit
- An expanded medical-surgical unit
- Expanded diagnostic services
- A new operating room
Once submissions to the request for proposals are received and evaluated, the successful project team is expected to be selected and announced in summer 2014. Construction is expected to begin shortly after.
For more information visit www.infrastructureontario.ca
Print this page