Six companies shortlisted for Casey House replacement project
By STAFF REPORTConstruction Infrastructure
Infrastructure Ontario and Casey House have shortlisted half a dozen companies to build and finance Casey House’s replacement project, which will improve care and support services for people living with HIV/AIDS.
Based on a request for qualifications process that began in August 2013, the following companies were shortlisted:
- Bird Capital Ltd. Partnership
- Eastern Construction Company Ltd.
- EllisDon Capital Inc.
- Graham Construction and Engineering LP & Harbridge & Cross Ltd
- PCL Constructors Canada Inc.
- WCC Construction Canada, ULC o/a Walsh Canada
The replacement project will consolidate all programs and services under one roof. It involves renovating an existing heritage property in Toronto and incorporating a new 48,000-sq.-ft. facility that will feature:
- 14 in-patient beds, including two respite beds
- Office space for home care programs
- Therapy rooms and community space for day health programs
- New space for administrative and support services, including Casey House Foundation
- Underground parking for 15 vehicles
Stories continue below