6 companies invited to bid on Casey House redevelopment project
Infrastructure Ontario and Casey House released a request for proposals to the six companies shortlisted to build and finance the Casey House redevelopment project.
Renovation and expansion of the downtown Toronto facility, which is scheduled to begin in late 2014, will improve health care and support services for people living with HIV-AIDS.
The shortlisted companies invited to bid are:
- Bird Capital Ltd. Partnership
- Eastern Construction Co. Ltd.
- EllisDon Capital Inc.
- Graham Construction and Engineering LP & Harbridge & Cross Ltd (joint venture
- PCL Constructors Canada Inc.
- WCC Construction Canada, ULC o/a Walsh Canada
The redevelopment project involves renovating an existing heritage property at 571 Jarvis St. and incorporating a new 48,000 sq. ft. facility that will feature:
- 14 in-patient beds, including two respite beds
- Office space for the home care programs
- Therapy rooms and community space for a new day health program
- New space for administrative and support services, including Casey House Foundation
- Underground parking for 15 vehicles