Ritchie Bros. to host KidSport fundraiser
September 10, 2012 by On-Site staff
Olympians and local celebrities will be participating in a sports day challenge during the third annual Corporate Kids Challenge and live charity auction on Sept. 15, hosted by Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers in support of KidSport BC.
The B.C.-based industrial auctioneer has welcomed the public to come out and cheer on their favourite athletes, teams and celebrities as they take part in a variety of athletic challenges at the company’s headquarters, located in Burnaby, B.C.
The sports day challenge will have a retro look with the 22 corporate sponsor teams (10 to 15 members per team) all dressed in Canadian 80’s gear.
A live charity auction will take place after the challenge, which will feature a variety of donated items, including: a 1983 Excalibur vintage collector’s car (valued at $50,000), a NASCAR dream trip with Cameron Hayley, a Vancouver helicopter tour and more.
The auction will take place at 5:30 p.m. on Sept. 15 and is unreserved. Registration to bid is free and bidding in the auction can be done three ways: in person at the Corporate Kids Challenge event; using Ritchie Bros.’ online bidding service or by placing a proxy bid before the start of the auction via email at: email@example.com.
Last year’s fundraising event raised more than $530,000 for KidSport BC.
KidSport is a community-based sports funding program that offers grants to financially disadvantaged children, ages six to 18, so they can participate in amateur sports.
Canadian Olympians and other athletes that will be participating in the event include:
– Cindy Klassen (six-time Olympic medalist in long track speed skating).
– Ryan Cochrane (two-time Canadian Olympic medal winner in long distance swimming).
– Denny Morrison (Canadian Olympic gold medalist in long track speed skating).
– Carol Huynh (two-time Canadian Olympic medal winner in freestyle wrestling).
– Tommy Europe (two-time all-star defensive back in the CFL and host of TV’s “The Last 10 Pounds Bootcamp”, “Bulging Brides” and “Tommy Europe Fitness”).
– Davis Sanchez (retired NFL and CFL cornerback).
Source: Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers.
Print this page