Peel-Halton Partnership selected for $163M ErinoakKids Centre project
November 11, 2014 by STAFF REPORT
The Peel-Halton Partnership (PHP) has been selected to design, build and finance three new children’s treatment facilities in the Greater Toronto Area for a fixed-price contract of $163.33 million.
PHP’s construction team includes Bondfield Construction Co. Ltd. (developer and constructor), Stantec Architecture (lead architects) and Rocklynn Capital Inc. (financial advisors). At the peak of activity, construction will create around 200 on-site jobs across the three sites.
The Brampton, Ont. facility (the largest of the three) will be about 121,000 sq. ft., the Mississauga, Ont. site will be approximately 93,000 sq. ft and the Oakville, Ont. location will be roughly 73,000 sq. ft. All three are expected to achieve LEED Silver certifications.
The facilities are scheduled to open in early 2017 and will offer:
- Autism services, including intensive behavioural intervention and applied behaviour analysis
- Infant hearing and blind low-vision services
- Physiotherapy and occupational therapy
- Speech and language services
- Assistive devices resource services
- Medical, nursing and specialty medical services
- Respite services (at Brampton location only)
- Family support services