PCL projects awarded 2016 Governor General’s medals in architecture
By Corinne LyndsConstruction Infrastructure awards design. architecture infrastructure PCL
Five projects that various PCL districts have built across Canada have been honoured as outstanding buildings in Canada.
The Royal Architectural Institute of Canada and the Canada Council for the Arts have announced the recipients of Governor General’s Medals in Architecture. The biennial awards celebrate outstanding design in recently completed projects by Canadian architects.
The five PCL projects and their respective designers are among the winners:
- Bridgepoint Active Healthcare – Stantec Architecture, KPMB Architects, and HDR Architecture / Diamond Schmitt Architects
- Glacier Skywalk – Sturgess Architecture
- Nathan Phillips Square Revitalization – PLANT Architect in joint venture with Perkins + Will Canada, formerly ShoreTilbe Irwin & Partners
- University of Manitoba ARTlab – Patkau Architects / LM Architectural Group
- Wood Innovation and Design Centre – MGA | Michael Green Architecture