Request for qualifications released for new Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital
By STAFF REPORTConstruction Infrastructure
Infrastructure Ontario and Mackenzie Health have issued a request for qualifications to design, build, finance and maintain a new hospital in Vaughan, Ont.
The request for qualifications is the first step in the process to select a team for the project. After reviewing submissions, a shortlist of construction teams will be invited to respond to a request for proposals in the fall of 2014.
The new hospital will be located at Major Mackenzie Drive and Jane Street, just north of Toronto, and will include:
- A state-of-the-art emergency department
- Modern surgical services and operating rooms
- Acute inpatient and intensive care beds
- Technologically-advanced diagnostic imaging
- Specialized ambulatory clinics
- Single acute care patient rooms for infection prevention and control
- A flexible design to permit adaptation over time as new thinking and best practices emerge
For more information visit www.infrastructureontario.ca or www.mackenziehealth.ca.
Stories continue below