Lean Construction Institute – Canada established
June 5, 2015 by STAFF REPORT
The Canadian Construction Association (CCA) has endorsed the establishment of the recently-formed Lean Construction Institute – Canada (LCI-Canada) as a special committee of the CCA.
The Lean Construction Institute – Canada is committed to transforming the built environment through the development and application of lean tools and techniques throughout the building industry supply chain. This commitment begins with conversations and collaboration that includes all members of the industry – owners, designers, contractors, trades, and allied services within the complete supply chain.
LCI-Canada believes the building industry needs to improve value delivered by capital projects while reducing waste. Deep application of lean principles throughout the industry including the definition of needs, design, construction and operation of capital facilities will continuously improve industry value.
“The LCI-Canada’s mission complements and supports CCA’s strategic plan of advocacy, industry best practices, communication with members and partner association, industry advancement and decision-making,” said Anibal Valente, CCA chair.
“The founding members of LCI-Canada are pleased to be associated with CCA as a respected voice for improving the building industry in Canada,” said Ken Smith, spokesperson for the newly-formed organization.
The goals of LCI include:
- Increase owner and construction supply chain satisfaction with design and construction delivery;
- Deliver standard building blocks for lean and integrated delivery;
- Create construction industry demand and capacity for lean and integrated approaches;
- Achieve customer value while eliminating waste throughout project life cycle;
- Achieve supply chain partner value while eliminating waste throughout project life cycle;
- Create a vibrant learning environment across the country to share best practices.
“The Lean Construction Institute – US appreciates this Canadian interest and willingness to help lead the evolution and practice of lean in Canada and is looking forward to supporting LCI-Canada as a newly formed special committee of CCA,” said Dan Heinemeier, executive director of the Lean Construction Institute – US.
Canadian Construction Association is the national voice for the construction industry in Canada representing over 20,000 member firms in an integrated structure of some 70 local and provincial construction associations.
Print this page