EllisDon lands $353M hospital contract
December 18, 2014 by STAFF REPORT
EllisDon Infrastructure JBH Inc has been awarded the $353.6 million contract to redevelop the Joseph Brant Hospital in Burlington, Ontario.
The project will include:
- New seven-storey patient care tower
- 172 new beds
- New emergency department
- Nine new operating rooms
- A post-anesthetic care unit
- New and expanded cancer clinic
- Expanded ambulatory care programs
- Renovated level 2B neo-natal intensive care unit
- Expanded diagnostic imaging services
- Expanded medical, surgical and outpatient services
- A new main entrance
At the peak of construction, there will be approximately 250 to 300 workers on-site. EllisDon estimates that approximately 50-75 per cent of the labour for the Joseph Brant Hospital project will come from the Burlington area.
Construction is expected to be complete in fall 2018.
Print this page