Hwy 407 expansion contract awarded to Holcim, Cintra, Dufferin
January 21, 2015 by STAFF REPORT
The Blackbird Infrastructure Group has been selected as the preferred bidder and final financial details are still to be worked out. Blackbird Infrastructure includes:
- Developer: Holcim (Canada) Inc. and Cintra Infraestructuras
- Constructors: Dufferin Construction Company and Ferrovial Agroman Canada
- Designers: Urban Systems, AIA Engineers and Louis Berger Group
- Maintainers: Holcim (Canada) Inc. and Cintra Infraestructuras
The Highway 407 East Phase 2 project will:
- extend Highway 407 about 22 km from Harmony Road in Oshawa to Highway 35/115 in Clarington
- connect Highways 401 and 407 with a 10-km East Durham Link that will serve as a north-south freeway
- provide eight new interchanges, including freeway-to-freeway connections at Highway 407 to the East Durham Link and Highway 35/115 and at the East Durham Link to Highway 401
Over the next several weeks, Infrastructure Ontario and the Ministry of Transportation will negotiate contract details with Blackbird Infrastructure Group. The cost of the project will be announced in the next few months following financial close procedures. Construction work is anticipated to begin in Fall, 2015.
Infrastructure Ontario and the Ministry of Transportation are working together to deliver both Phase 1 and Phase 2 of Highway 407 East which will remain publicly owned and controlled. Phase 1 is currently under construction and scheduled to open by late 2015.
Print this page