Construction firms remain among ‘Canada’s Best Managed’
March 12, 2016 by On-Site Magazine
The ICI construction sector continues to prove its leading companies are among the best managed firms in Canada.
Year after year, construction firms are added to or remain on the annual review list naming Canada’s Best Managed Companies. Established in 1993, Canada’s Best Managed Companies is the country’s leading business awards program, recognizing excellence in Canadian owned and managed companies with revenues over $10 million.
Every year, hundreds of entrepreneurial companies compete for this designation in a rigorous and independent process that evaluates the calibre of their management abilities and practices. Many of these same firms also appear in the annual Top Contractors survey conducted by On-Site Magazine.
Making the combined list this year includes:
- ADI Group Inc.
- Brandt Group of Companies
- Clark Builders
- EllisDon Corporation
- Flynn Group of Companies
- Govan Brown Construction Managers
- Graham Group Ltd.
- Groupe Montoni (1995) Division ConstructionInc.
- ITC Construction Group
- Maple Reinders
- Sullivan & Son Limited
- PCL Construction Group of Companies
- Pomerleau Inc.
What makes the Canada’s Best Managed Companies program unique?
- Focuses on Canadian owned and managed companies
- Recognizes overall business performance and sustained growth
- Recognizes the efforts of the entire organization
- Measures more than financial performance
The awards are granted on five levels:
- Canada’s Best Managed Companies winner: one of the new winners selected each year
- Requalified winner: Award recipients that have re-applied and successfully retained their Best Managed designation for two additional years*
- Gold Standard winner: After three consecutive years of maintaining their Best Managed status, these winners have demonstrated their commitment to the program and successfully retained their award for their 4th consecutive year
- Gold Standard requalified winner: Award recipients that have applied and successfully retained their Gold Standard designation for two additional years*
- Platinum Club member: Winners have maintained their Best Managed status for seven years or more*
Print this page