Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute announces new board
By Adam FreillConstruction
Technical institute and standards development organization introduces 2021-2022 Board of Directors.
The Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute (CRSI) recently announced its new Board of Directors and chairman, who will guide the organization through the next two years. Incoming chairman, Jeff Estep, is the general manager of Farwest Steel Reinforcing Company and Western Coating, Inc. and has more than 35 years of experience in the sector.
New to the board are Andre Belland of Rebarfab, Inc., and Layne Jones of Commercial Metals Company. Marty Lancial, also with Commercial Metals Company, was named chairman of the CRSI Foundation in a non-voting director role.
The full 2021/2022 CRSI Board of Directors consists of:
- Chairman Jeff Estep, Farwest Steel Reinforcing Steel Company, Western Coating, Inc.;
- Vice-chairman Brad Cottrell, Commercial Metals Company;
- Secretary/treasurer Adam Simmet, Simcote, Inc.;
- Past-chairman Donald Barney, Nucor Corporation;
- At-Large director Andre Belland, Rebarfab, Inc.;
- At-Large director Kevin Cornell, Salit Specialty Rebar;
- At-Large director Bill Couturier, Barton Malow Company;
- At-Large director Rob Faircloth, Contractors Materials Company;
- At-Large director Layne Jones, Commercial Metals Company;
- At-Large director Robert McClean, Commercial Metals Company;
- At-Large director Eugene McManus, Harris/Nucor; and
- At-Large director Dean Peery, Gerdau.
Ex-officio directors include William Brack of Harris Rebar as chairman of the marketing committee, Lou Colarusso of nVent as chairman of the engineering practice committee, and Matthew Schewe of Commercial Metals Company as chairman of the member services committee.
Regional representative directors include:
- Greater Southwestern Region: Marcelo Acuña, ABC Coating Company, Inc.;
- Midwest Region: Mary Alwin, Nucor Steel Sedalia;
- Northeast Region: Jim Melvin, Re-Steel Supply Co., Inc.;
- Southeast Region: Spence Peters, Steel Dynamics, Inc.; and
- Western Region: Bethany Hennings, Cascade Steel Rolling Mills, Inc.
Foundation chair Lancial and CRSI president and CEO Danielle Kleinhans are non-voting directors.
Founded in 1924, CRSI is a technical institute and standards developing organization, and is an authoritative resource for information related to steel reinforced concrete construction. With members in Canada, the United States and Mexico, it serves the needs of engineers, architects, and construction professionals. The organization offers technical publications, standards documents, design aids, reference materials and educational opportunities.
Print this page