Request for proposals stage closed for Casey House redevelopment project
August 11, 2014 by STAFF REPORT
The request for proposals stage has closed for six shortlisted companies to submit their bids to build and finance the Casey House redevelopment project in downtown Toronto.
By renovating an existing heritage property and incorporating a new 48,000-sq.-ft. facility, the Casey House will offer more HIV/AIDS programs and services under one roof.
The new facility will include:
- 14 private in-patient beds, including two respite beds
- Office space for home care programs
- Therapy rooms and community space for a day health program
- New spaces for administrative and support services, including the Casey House Foundation
- Underground parking for 15 vehicles
Issued in February, the request for proposals outlined the project’s approved scope for six pre-qualified bidders to base their proposals and cost estimates. Infrastructure Ontario and Casey House will evaluate the proposals over the next few months then announce the successful bidder and project cost following financial close. Construction will begin shortly after.
Print this page