Preferred proponent selected for Highway 427 expansion
By On-Site MagazineConstruction
Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and the Ministry of Transportation (MTO) have selected LINK 427 as the preferred proponent to design, build, finance and maintain the Highway 427 Expansion project.
LINK 427’s team includes:
- Developer: ACS Infrastructure Canada Inc. and Miller Infrastructure
- Construction: Dragados Canada Inc., Miller Infrastructure and Bot Infrastructure Ltd.
- Design: MMM Group Ltd. and Thurber Engineering Ltd.
- Maintenance: ACS Infrastructure Canada Inc. and Miller Infrastructure
The selection of LINK 427 is the result of an open, fair and competitive procurement process overseen by a third party fairness advisor.
“We are excited to work together with LINK 427, the team chosen to design, build, finance and maintain the Highway 427 Expansion project. This critical project will help generate jobs in Vaughan, and will make travelling across the region easier and more convenient, allowing you to spend less time commuting and more time with your loved ones,” said Steven Del Duca, Minister of Transportation.
IO and MTO will now begin finalizing contract details with LINK 427. The project cost and schedule are expected to be announced in March 2017, with design and construction to begin shortly after.
The Highway 427 Expansion project includes a new 6.6-kilometre extension from Highway 7 to Major Mackenzie Drive and a 4-kilometre road widening from Finch Avenue to Highway 7.
- The Highway 427 Expansion is the fourth major highway project delivered by IO and MTO through the Alternative Financing and Procurement (AFP) model. Projects that are delivered using IO’s AFP model have a track record of being 96 per cent on budget to date.
- Highway 427 and its assets will remain publicly owned and controlled.
“We look forward to continuing to work with MTO to finalize the details of the contract with LINK 427 and to starting construction on this important project in the coming months,” said Ehren Cory, Divisional President, Project Delivery, Infrastructure Ontario.
SOURCE Infrastructure Ontario