January 30, 2013 by Corinne Lynds
On January 29th and 30th, journalists from all over the world were invited to attend the bauma media dialog at the Internationales Congress Center Munchen (ICM) in Munich, Germany. This pre-show meeting brought together more than 200 big name construction equipment manufacturers to talk about what new products and technology will be unveiled at Bauma 2013 in April.
The 30th International Trade Fair for construction machinery, building material machines, mining machines, construction vehicles and construction equipment will be bigger than ever. With more than 570,000 square metres of exhibit space and 3,300 exhibitors, this year’s show will be host to more than 450,000 visitors. Although located in Europe, there are plenty of new products here for the North American market as well.
According to Eugen Egetenmeir, managing director Messe Munchen GmbH, bauma has always been about introducing the latest construction equipment and technology. In anticipation of the event, bauma has unveiled the nominees for the 2013 Innovation Awards. The three finalists in the following categories are:
– Revolution in underground mining – the Mobile Tunnel Miner – Aker Wirth GmbH, Erkelenz
– Pipe Express tunneling system – Herrenknecht, Schwanau
– JFI Method: Fully automated production of multi-layer concrete elements – Sommer Anlagentechnik, GmbH, Altheim
– Tablet PC – transferring the digital workplace to the construction machine – Bauer Maschinen GmbH, Schrobenhausen
– Fume Extraction system – Volvo Construction Equipment, London
– Auto Pilot Field Rover – 3D system for controlling offset slipform pavers, Wirtgen GmbH, Windhagen
Construction Process/Construction Work
– Monopile foundation for tidal engine turbine – Bauer Spezialtiefbau GmbH, Schrobenhausen
– Using revolving tower cranes to erect hybrid-energy wind towers – Max Bogl Bauunternehmung GmbH & Co. KG, Sengenthal
– “PAST”: reliable, automated road-building – Hermann Kirchner Bauunternehmung GmbH, Bad Hersfeld
– Online grain size analyzer – Technische Universitat Clausthal -Zellerfeld
– Parallel kinematics (HEXAPOD) for working equipment on mobile machinery – Technische Universitat Dresden, Dresden
– Computer tomoraphy for monitoring the quality of steel-fiber concrete – Technische Universitat Kaiserslautern, Kaiserslautern
– Liebherr Compact Loader – Liebherr-Werk Bishofshofen, Bischofshofen/Osterreich
– Kaiser Walking Mobile Excavator 2013 – Kaiser AG Fahrzeugwerk, Schaanwald/Lichtenstein
– EH 100 demolition breaker – Wacker Neuson Vertrieb Europa GmbH & Co. KG, Munchen
Innovation award winners will be announced in April at a special awards banquet in Munich.